RITA F. WEHRMAN, DVM, MS, DACVO®
Rita Wehrman, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVO, is a Board-certified Veterinary Ophthalmologist who joined the VEI team in 2022.
Dr. Wehrman earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree at Oregon State University Carlson College of Veterinary Medicine in Corvallis, OR. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Wehrman completed a yearlong internship at the Equine Medical Center in Ocala, FL. She then conducted ophthalmology research as an ocular research fellow at The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH. Dr. Wehrman earned a Master of Science degree at Iowa State University in Ames, IA, where she also completed a residency in comparative ophthalmology. During her time in academia, she participated in several published research projects specific to the cornea, pharmacology, glaucoma, cancer, and ocular inflammation.
Dr. Wehrman is passionate about ocular health and has a special interest in corneal health, ocular surgery, and exotic and equine ophthalmology. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is alleviating eye discomfort and providing compassionate care for her patients.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Wehrman enjoys spending time with her husband and daughter, doing yoga, swimming, running, and riding trails on her retired endurance horse.
- Undergraduate: Tufts University
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Oregon State University Carlson College of of Veterinary Medicine
- Residency: Iowa State University
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists