Brendan G. Mangan. is a Board-certified veterinary ophthalmologist who joined VEI Gainesville in January 2023.
Dr. Mangan attended the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY, where he obtained his Bachelor of Arts in economics. He then went on to earn his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from Colorado State University, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences in Fort Collins, CO in 2003. Following graduation, he next returned to Empire state, completing a small animal rotating internship in medicine and surgery at Cornell University Hospital for Animals in 2004. It was then back to Colorado for his residency in comparative ophthalmology at Colorado State University, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences where Dr. Mangan completed his residency and earned his Masters of Science in Clinical Sciences in 2007.
Following a period of private practice in Southern California, Dr. Mangan became a Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine. After working in academia, Dr. Mangan established the first private practice ophthalmology service in Gainesville, FL. His practice, now part of Veterinary Eye Institute and known locally as VEI Gainesville, continues to serve the North Central Florida region and surrounding area.
When not with patients, you’ll find Dr. Mangan outdoors playing soccer, skiing, or fly-fishing.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics: The University of Rochester
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Colorado State University, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Masters of Science in Neurobiology and Clinical Sciences: Colorado State University
- Small Animal & Surgery Internship: Cornell University Hospital for Animals
- Residency in Ophthalmology: Colorado State University, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences