Dr. Christine K. Boss is a board-certified veterinary ophthalmologist. She joined the VEI Orlando team in June 2022.
Dr. Boss attended the University of Massachusetts Amherst in Amherst, MA, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from St. George’s University in Grenada, West Indies. Following graduation, Dr. Boss completed both a small animal rotating internship and a specialty ophthalmology internship at the Veterinary Medical Center of Long Island in West Islip, NY. She followed this with a second specialty ophthalmology internship at Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine in Auburn, AL. Dr. Boss then went on to complete a residency in Comparative Ophthalmology and earn a master’s degree in Veterinary Science at the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine in Gainesville, FL.
Dr. Boss enjoys all aspects of veterinary ophthalmology but has a special interest in exotic animal ophthalmology, reconstructive corneal and eyelid surgery, and ocular manifestation of systemic diseases. She has been published in several research publications, including Veterinary Ophthalmology.
In her free time, Dr. Boss engages in creative pursuits, including photography, medical illustration, and ceramics. She also enjoys spending time outdoors and traveling.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: St. George’s University in Grenada
- Internships: Veterinary Medical Center of Long Island and Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Residency: University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists