Dr. Torres-Otero received her Bachelor of Natural Science, Concentration in Biology at the University of Puerto Rico at Cayey in Cayey, Puerto Rico in 2016. She then earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at the North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine in 2020. The following year, she completed a Small Animal Medicine & Surgery internship at Purdue University Veterinary Teaching Hospital in West Lafayette, IN. Dr. Torres-Otero then went on to complete an internship in Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care at the University of Georgia Veterinary Teaching Hospital in Athens, GA.
She has presented at the International Equine Ophthalmology Consortium. She is also RECOVER (BSL/ASL) and Fear free certified. Professional memberships include the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists, International Equine Ophthalmology Consortium, and the American Veterinary Medical Association.
In her free time, Dr. Torres-Otero participates in a variety of activities, many of which are outdoors. These include hiking, kayaking, horseback riding and archery. She loves to travel and surrounds herself with family and friends.
- Bachelor of Natural Science: University of Puerto Rico at Cayey
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Small Animal & Surgery Internship: Purdue University Veterinary Teaching Hospital
- Small Animal Emergency & Critical Care Internship: University of Georgia Veterinary Teaching Hospital
- Residency: Veterinary Eye Institute