Dr. Warren is a board certified specialist in veterinary ophthalmology and the founder of Veterinary Eye Institute.
Dr. Warren practiced general small animal medicine and surgery in Las Vegas, Nevada prior to pursuing his specialty in ophthalmology. He practiced relief veterinary medicine in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex during his ophthalmology residency. After his time in Dallas, he became an associate veterinary ophthalmologist at MedVet Medical and Cancer Centers for Pets in Cincinnati, Ohio prior to starting Veterinary Eye Institute.
Dr. Warren has a particular interest in cataract and intraocular surgery. He continues to advance veterinary ophthalmology in Collin County and the DFW metroplex by performing small incision cataract surgery with foldable intraocular lens placement using the latest technology developed not only for pet, but human, cataract surgery. Additionally, he enjoys corneal and eyelid reconstructive surgery for conditions such as entropion and corneal ulceration.
Dr. Warren has presented research multiple times at annual meetings of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists. His research, “The effects of oxidative stress on telomerase activity and other stress-related proteins in lens epithelial cells” was published in Experimental Eye Research.
Dr. Warren’s focus is providing pain free care and life-long vision for his patients in a kind and compassionate way.
- Undergraduate: Colorado State University
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine
- Residency: Animal Ophthalmology Clinic
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists
- Texas Veterinary Medical Association
- Collin County Veterinary Medical Association
- Dr. Warren served as President on the 2015 CCVMA Board of Officers
- Tarrant County Veterinary Medical Association
- Dallas County Veterinary Medical Association