Dr. Jinks is a Board-certified specialist in veterinary ophthalmology. She practices at the VEI Deerfield Beach location.
Dr. Jinks attended the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, IN where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Raleigh, NC.
Following veterinary school, Dr. Jinks completed a small animal medicine rotating internship at Colorado State University Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences in Fort Collins, CO. She then went on to complete a residency in comparative ophthalmology at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Columbus, OH. Dr. Jinks also earned her Master of Science degree during this time.
Dr. Jinks’ favorite part of veterinary medicine is interacting with her patients and educating their owners on disease processes so that their pets receive the best care possible.
Her research has been published in various journals including Emerging Infectious Diseases, Journal of Wildlife Diseases, Aquaculture and Veterinary Ophthalmology.
When Dr. Jinks is away from the hospital, she enjoys snorkeling, paddle boarding, painting, skiing, and spending time with her family.
- Undergraduate: University of Notre Dame
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Internship: Colorado State University of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
- Residency: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Comparative Ophthalmology
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists
- Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists
- American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Broward County Veterinary Medical Association