DYLAN BUSS, DVM, MS, DACVO®
Dr. Buss is a Board-certified Veterinary Ophthalmologist and practices at the VEI Deerfield Beach and VEI Fort Lauderdale locations.
Dr. Buss attended Augustana University College in Camrose, Alberta, Canada, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree. He then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Western College of Veterinary Medicine in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Following graduation, Dr. Buss spent the next several years in private practice. It was at this time he discovered his interest in veterinary ophthalmology. This prompted him to return to school, where he completed a residency in Comparative Ophthalmology and earned a Master’s degree in Veterinary Science at the University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine in Columbia, MO.
Dr. Buss enjoys all aspects of veterinary ophthalmology but has a special interest in diseases of the cornea and lens, particularly those that require surgery. He has a great deal of experience with domestic animals, including dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, and horses. In addition, he has gained experience with many exotic animals while treating patients at zoos and animal rehabilitation and rescue organizations. To date, he has examined elephants, sea lions, seals, snow leopards, tigers, camels, alpacas, llamas, opossums, owls, hawks, parrots, and penguins!
Dr. Buss has been published in numerous research publications, including Veterinary Ophthalmology, and has presented his findings at the Gulf Atlantic Vet Conference and the annual American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists meetings.
When Dr. Buss is away from the hospital, he enjoys snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing, hockey, downhill skiing, and relaxing at the beach with his family.
- Undergraduate: Augustana University College
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Western College of Veterinary Medicine, with Honors
- Residency: University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine, Comparative Ophthalmology
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists
- American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Florida Veterinary Medical Association
- Broward County Veterinary Medical Association