Welcome to Veterinary Eye Institute!
Veterinary Eye Institute is dedicated to making the world a visually clear and comfortable place for pets – in a kind, collaborative, and compassionate way. VEI offers complete medical and surgical eye care for dogs, cats, horses and many smaller exotic pets such as birds, and rabbits.
Board certified, veterinary ophthalmology specialist, Dr. John Warren and his team provide you, your pet, and our referring veterinarians with the highest level of care, understanding, and education.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Ophthalmic Examinations (Microscopic Slit Lamp Exam, Fundus/Retinal Exam)
- Diagnostic Testing (Schirmer Tear Testing, Fluorescein Staining, Tonometry)
- Cataract surgery with artificial lens implantation
- Advanced ocular testing including Gonioscopy, Electroretinography, and Ocular Ultrasounds
- Medical therapy for inflammatory eye diseases
- Corneal reconstruction
- Glaucoma surgery
- Eyelid repair and reconstruction (Entropion, Ectropion, Medial Canthal Closure)
- Eyelid tumor removal
- Prolapsed gland of the third eyelid repair (Cherry Eye)
- Intraocular prosthesis
- Emergency eye care 24/7
- Breed Eye Certifications – ECR exams (previously known as CERF)
VEI is conveniently located just south of the 121/Sam Rayburn tollway on Custer Road in Plano providing easy accessibility for Plano, Allen, Frisco, McKinney, and anyone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex.
Patient Care And Comfort
At Veterinary Eye Institute the patient comes first. Always. VEI’s state of the art surgical suite has been designed with our patient’s care and comfort in mind and is equipped with advanced veterinary-specific patient monitoring systems to ensure all our patients have safe surgical procedures.