Veterinary Eye Institute is dedicated to making the world a visually clear and comfortable place for pets – in a kind, collaborative, and compassionate way. VEI offers complete medical and surgical eye care for dogs, cats, horses and many smaller exotic pets such as birds, and rabbits.
Our board certified, veterinary ophthalmology specialists, Dr. John Warren, Dr. Audrey Pierson, Dr. Kenneth Pierce and their team provide you, your pet, and our referring veterinarians with the highest level of care, understanding, and education.
VEI offers two convenient locations within the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex to better serve our clients, patients, and referring veterinarians!
- Veterinary Eye Institute, Plano is conveniently located just south of the 121/Sam Rayburn tollway on Kathryn Lane in Plano, providing easy accessibility for Plano, Allen, Frisco, McKinney.
- Veterinary Eye Institute, Dallas (NOW OPEN!) is conveniently located on the corner of Cole and Fitzhugh, just off Central Expressway (US-75), providing easy accessibility from Downtown, Uptown, Highland Park, North Dallas, Lower Greenville, Lakewood, and the Oaklawn area.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Ophthalmic Examinations (Microscopic Slit Lamp Exam, Fundus/Retinal Exam)
- Diagnostic Testing (Schirmer Tear Testing, Fluorescein Staining, Tonometry)
- Advanced ocular testing including Gonioscopy, Electroretinography, and Ocular Ultrasounds
- Cataract surgery with artificial lens implantation
- Medical therapy for inflammatory eye diseases
- Corneal reconstruction
- Glaucoma surgery
- Intraocular prosthesis
- Surgery for Intraocular Tumors and Intraocular Cysts
- Prolapsed gland of the third eyelid repair (Cherry Eye)
- Eyelid tumor removal
- Eyelid repair and reconstruction (Entropion, Ectropion, Medial Canthal Closure, Distichiasis)
- Emergency eye care 24/7
- Breed Eye Certifications – ECR exams (CAER previously known as CERF)
Patient Care And Comfort
At Veterinary Eye Institute the patient comes first. Always. VEI’s state-of-the-art facility has been designed with our patient’s care and comfort in mind and is equipped with the industry’s most advanced veterinary-specific patient monitoring systems and surgical equipment to ensure all our patients have the safest medical treatments and surgical procedures.
Our surgical suite incorporates natural light and was designed to ensure the safest, most efficient, procedures for your pet. All surgical packs contain the finest surgical instruments and are sterilized with advanced sterilization techniques. The suite is equipped with heated surgery tables for greater patient comfort and safety; large diameter LED surgical lights for a greater illumination field; the latest in inhalation gas technology; veterinary multiparameter monitoring to continuously monitor patient blood pressure, ECG, heart rate, respiration, oxygen saturation (SpO2), end tidal carbon dioxide (ETCO2), and core body temperature.
Veterinary Eye Institute utilizes the latest technology available for cataract surgery. The Bausch and Lomb Stellaris Vision Enhancement System is used in restoring vision in human cataracts and we are proud to offer this technology for our veterinary patients! Stellaris technology maximizes surgical efficiency, reduces surgical time, and results in even better patient outcomes. We choose Stellaris because we believe it offers the best results for our patients.
The treatment area houses our see-through patient recovery suites which allows our medical team to very closely monitor patients who are hospitalized recovering from medical treatments and post-surgical anesthesia. Our skylights provide abundant natural light and the spacious and glass-enclosed patient recovery suites are located adjacent to our medical teams computer workstations. This close proximity and view of the teams activities allows our patients to feel as though someone is with them at all times.
Our spacious patient recovery suites accommodate most patient sizes but for our larger patients, recovery in medical runs are closely monitored with closed circuit cameras. The large monitor is located just above the patient recovery suites and is visible from the medical teams area of activity. Our medical runs offer a bright and airy atmosphere with natural light through our glass block windows and like our patient recovery suites, are fitted with premium PetCot orthopedic foam mats and ultra soft microplush blankets, providing our patients optimum hygenic comfort and support.